Thursday, August 18, 2011

The ending of an era, the turning of a page

Over the years I have had a wide variety of online journals/blogs for quite a few different reasons.  Lj was the one of choice in college.  I didn't start it to be a blogger per se, but for other personal issues which don't need to be addressed now.  But since I graduated I've been blogging less.  These stupid things called a job and the real world have a sneaky way of cutting into all the "free time" I had while still an under grad.  I started this particular blog in honor of a college classmate of mine to remind me to be thankful for the things that we are given or experience every day.  I will admit, I tend to be better at blogging about those things when it comes around to the anniversary of Ariel's passing.  I always start out with the best intentions, but never seem to be able to keep it up.  I am hoping that this time something is different.  

I know there aren't many of you out there that read this currently, but I have a feeling that might change once September rolls around.  For those of you out there who aren't aware of this, I'm moving in September.  Some people at the places where I am currently employed have been shocked when they found this out.  And in some cases I'm glad.  I've been living and working in the same town since graduating college.  For the most part I've enjoyed the different places I have worked and the people who I have come to consider my friends. But a little over 6 years in a place without any real idea what I want to do when I grow up gets a little old after a while.  I'm ready for a change, and not the changing of the seasons or a change in where I work.  If I'm going to shake my life up it has to be big.  And it will be.  I am leaving the safety, security and comfort of southeastern CT for NH.  Not it isn't as much of an unwelcoming place as you may think.  My best friend lives up there, as do her parents.  I have spent many a weekend running away to NH to get a break from whatever drama has been going on in CT or to help T in NH with whatever is needed.  So I know my way around the part of NH where she lives.  And as I have had many people tell me, it's time for me to move on.  The museum had been a great place for me, but its time to move on.  I need to shake my world up and see what happens.  I am perfectly fine with not knowing what I'll be doing a month from now.  (Well, actually I do know, but that's besides the point).  There is something very liberating about being able to pick up and go.  

Will I miss where I've been for the past few year, without a doubt.  I've had a great time living and working in the part of the world.  It has allowed me to figure out a lot about my self.  What I like to do, read, the type of people I want to hang out with and also what I don't want out of life.  I have always thought of my self as the type of person who's rather level headed and tries to avoid drama.  Have I met some people who are the anthesis of myself, yes.  Have I met some people who are very similar to myself, also yes.  I try to look forward to moving on rather than wondering what could have been.  It's not going to do me any good.  I also do not regret any of the friendships I have made and lost while in CT.  To pull a card out of a former boss's deck, there is a time and a place for everything.  There was a reason I was and am friends with the people I know I will keep in touch with.  Everything I have done and everyone I know has helped to shape me and will continue to do so.  

If you're reading this AEU, thank you for the fun 4ish years we've had in this part of the .  From LLT to STS to Monday's and everything in between, it's been a blast.  You are one of the people I am sure I will keep in touch with for many years to come.  

Well on that note I suppose I should do something productive rather than wasting my evening away.  Goodbye out there. 

Until next time.

No comments: