Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Big changes in a short time

I'm not one to usually write, but I guess this is one of these times because I don't know who to actually talk to about this.

So I've taken a "new" job back in Mystic. CT at MSM. I'm going to be the newest rigger starting on August 6th. It is honestly one of those jobs I have debated for much longer than I want to admit. Not that most people in NH have been aware of this. I said when I left MSM that the rigger job was one of the few that I would come back for. And when they posted the job last time I just never got around to applying for it and was fine that I didn't get it. This time, I knew that I had to at least apply for it. If I didn't get it, that was fine, but I had to throw my hat into the ring. Did I know that I would probably get it if I applied for it this time, yes. Especially since I got the Matthew invite to apply for it. 

Was I really looking for a new job? No, not really. Was I looking to see what else was out there, yes. Was I happy with where I was with what I was doing? For the most part, yes I was. LASC was and still is a place I like working. It's a good challenge for me in many ways. It let me do some of the back office things that I like and also interact with people. I have also said for a while that what I need in job is one that will challenge me from the day I started through and past the day I leave. Thanks to TO, I had that and more. 

Although I have already made my decision, I am still torn about it. I am looking forward to working as a rigger, I really am. But I am also sad to leave LASC. I know I am leaving everyone up here in the lurch since I gave my two weeks. I've been deeply involved in lots of things and there is no obvious person to turn them over to. I guess I just want to let those at LASC know that while my decision may seem out of the blue, it isn't.

Here is hoping that I can actually talk to TO tomorrow and let him know this. And hell, if he really wants me to be his personal assistant I'll come back in a year after the rigging job and 38th voyage are done. We'll have to see how that goes.

So now I'll go back to pushing off packing for a little while and indulging in a little brain junk food for a while longer before bed.

No comments: